Re: Carb Question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 20:41:07 EDT
I just finished putting my TR engine back together, and was thrilled that it
started, has compression and pil pressure. But it was also running rough.
Went to my SU Carb manual. Best advice it gave me was to check everything
else before you even think about touching these Carbs.

Sure enough, in my case the valve clearance, which I was postive I had set
before putting on the valve cover, was out of wack. (Well actually 3 of the 4
cylinders were OK) Now the thing purrs with an idle of 700 rpm.

I would check the plugs, ignition wires, points and valve clearances for
starters.
Next see if you getting the good supply of gas to both carbs
Dashpot oil?
Check the floats
all before messing with the needles.

For clods like me, that SU air thingy with the little tube on the side, beats
the heck out of the tube up your ear.
Colortune works great too

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes