Re: Fwd: a photo of my car on ebay

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: a photo of my car on ebay
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:48:13 -0700
I dont know the legals as to what is public or private domain. BUT I am
pretty sure there is a problem with showing the licence plate numbers.
Even pictures from the police and other government entities have to
blotch out the licence number. Also as to what is and isnt public domain
I think there is a difference between copying it for private use and
making a profit off it. Personally I would politely contact the seller
and inform him that it is your car and that you dont want it to be
published. And politely ask them to remove it. If they do then no harm
no foul and no need to do anything further. If they dont, dont threaten,
dont say anthing just contact a lawyer and see what they say. That would
be my best guess.