Choke cable location

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Choke cable location
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 21:47:19 -0500
Bet you've never heard this one. The '74 Midget doesn't have a choke cable
on it. Where is it supposed to come through the dash? I've looked at my
OS&M, it looks like it's supposed to be above the two warning lights on the
far right of the dash, right? There are three lamps on my dash. The top one
is on all the time, the PO had cleverly stuck a piece of black tape over it.
Don't know what it goes to, isn't this where the choke cable is supposed to
be?

BTW, while looking through the boxes of "stuff" in the car, I found the
original bill of sale. Seems it was purchased from a Fairhead & Sawyer LTD.
in Woodbridge, Suffolk by a Captain in the USAF for 974.90 (can't remember
how to make the pound sign) on Jan 4, 1974. They charged him 4.08 to fit RHD
headlamps, 13.64 for "underseal", and 5.64 for number plates. Way cool
stuff. I believe I've got all (3) previous owners title copies, etc.

                    Jim K.