Clutch bleed

To: "Spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch bleed
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:36:23 -0400
Thanks to all who replied with help on the Meejit eng/trans yank out.

With all the talk of bleeding the bleedin' clutch hydraulics I thought I would
pass on this:  I have a friend who has an old Mercedes.  It has the MC under
the dash and reportedlly it is near impossible to bleed also.  He fought for
an entire afternoon using conventional thinking and bleeding techniques.
Finally during a beer break he read the book.  Mercedes recommended fix:
Attache a rubber hose between the bleeder of the clutch slave and the brake
slave.  Open both and pump the brake.  He said it took about 5 minutes.  Has
anyone ever tried this on Spridgets?

Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini