LBC Content!!!! FILETIME=[38CD9100:01C23E7F]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: LBC Content!!!! FILETIME=[38CD9100:01C23E7F]
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 21:04:32 -0500
Just a little story to share.......
I was out a couple of weekends ago and was on FUMES!!! I stopped in the
local Albertsons gas station and filled up, over 5 gallons, so you know
I was low. I went in to pay, and on the door was a sign, "Free 44 oz.
drink with fill up". It was hot, I was thirsty, and then I read the fine
print. There is ALWAYS fine print! "8 gallon minimum purchase."
Now those that have met me and know me, know that I am usually quiet and
introverted. But this struck me wrong, maybe it was the heat, or maybe
the Political Incorrectness of the situation. But whatever it was that
took over, it made me grab a "Rate Our Store" card. I took it home,
found an email address on it and sent an email to Albertsons, letting
them know that I was displeased to find that they were prejudiced
against those that drive small restored British cars and motorcycles.
Fast Forward a week. When I get back from vacation, I have several calls
on my caller ID from my Albertsons store. Today the manager left a
message and name on my machine so I returned his call. He wanted to know
what had happened so I filled him in on my side of things. He offered to
let me come in for a free drink. I informed him that the free drink was
not the issue, rather the continuing policy of leaving "The Little Guy"
ineligible to participate in their promotions. He told me that he would
leave me one of his business cards at the customer service counter, and
that if I showed it every time I filled up the car, they would honor
their current promotion for me.
It just goes to show you, if you speak up for your rights as "the little
guy", sometimes, someone listens....................
Brad