Re: was size limits, now lights, again, now "loving the process"

To: "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "midgetsprite group" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: was size limits, now lights, again, now "loving the process"
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 22:07:48 -0500
I'm laughing here at the prospect of "loving the process" of working on
Spidgets.

I was treated with a reminder of one of the reasons the Brits aren't in the
car biz anymore while working on a few of mine today.

I pulled the toasted motor out of the race car, in the neverending quest to
make the upcoming Grattan race with a snappy 948. That went well... all
familar territory for me. The whole "race prep" process, while a lot of
work, is most enjoyable

Then, at the end of the day, tired, filthy, a little sunburned....I went to
do a simple oil change on my bone stock (now 23,000 mile) MKIII Sprite. All
was seemingly right with the world, until that stupidass O ring gizmo in the
cannister style (all my race stuff's got spin on filters) decided not to
seat and pissed about a quart on the new blacktop driveway. ARGGGGHHH.

After removing the whole assembely from the side of the block, a half a bag
of oil dry, and a couple... well, ok... four vodka tonics... I'm feeling a
little better now.

WST