Re: Model T Humor

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "bcleary" <bcleary@awod.com>
Subject: Re: Model T Humor
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 08:05:01 -0500
Gee Bev, and here I thought you were going to tell us about how she had to
back the car up the mountain every morning because of the gravity-fed fuel
system (and we thought we ran low pressure fuel systems!). My dad used to
tell me about having to back the Model T's up the steep hills... Personally,
I would give my eye teeth for a 1929 Model A roadster pickup, but like the
TD I lust after, my heart hasn't gotten the idea to clear the brain yet, nor
have I found anyone ready to make that trade.
You are right about the personal experience factor being more important than
the actual age of the car. That is one of the reasons that antique stores
have so much fun trying to stay in business, it is not the age of the item
for sale in many cases, but rather the memories associated with it for that
buyer.
David Lieb
1972 RWA
1973 RWA
1974 RWA
1974 parts car
1995 Escort wagon

ps. I got the new bushings into the front end of the 72 yesterday along with
new rear brakes, all new flex-hoses, Pertronix, K&N elements and the
anti-roll bar from my parts car. Good start anyway...