Amusing Old Ford Incident

Subject: Amusing Old Ford Incident
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 09:39:24 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Many years ago, I was up in Portland for a Navy Reserve weekend. The drive in
restaurant that all the car culture folks used to go to on weekends during the
50s & 60s was having a reunion that Saturday night, so I decided it would be fun
to see what was going on. I was driving my RHD Morris Minor out Sandy Blvd, when
I wound up along side a beautiful 32 Ford Coupe. I opened my window and told the
driver that it was a beautiful car, but the steering wheel was on the wrong
side.
Naturally, he was going to the same place, so we chatted a bit over a Pepsi
after
we arrived. Our names seemed familiar to each other, and we began comparing
notes
from long ago. It seems that we had dated once during high school before his
family moved to another town. We had not seen each other since. We both retained
our interest in cars, he staying with Fords, while I remained involved with
LBCs.

Kate