Re: shoulder harness

To: BCAH@aol.com
Subject: Re: shoulder harness
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 18:18:11 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com, wichita-scca@autox.team.net
Most vintage racing organizations I know specifically prohibit the use of
the Y type shoulder harnesses.  I'm not sure why.  I suppose it is
because double-mounted shoulder harnesses provide some failsafe if one
breaks.

They also require submarine straps.  And as I recall, the shoulder
harness mounting point must be below your shoulder blades (or at least
lower than the tops of your shoulders).

This is the setup I have (with the shoulder straps routed through a race
seat) and I've never noticed downward pull on my spine.

David Littlefield
1962 MGA MkII
1974 MG Midget vintage racecar
1951 MGTD