Another one bites the dust...

To: "spridgets@autox. team. net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another one bites the dust...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:34:40 -0500
My friend Brian is building a new house on some property he just bought, up
the street from his old house. He's putting up a pole barn for his Spridgets
and shop. He has his priorities straight. In fact, he might just be the next
generation Spritenut, at 24 years old he's on his 12th Spridget, has 8 or 9
parts cars and even has an A40.

Anyway, he had to move most of his "junk" off the old property in order to
sell it. So there are a few cars/carcasses on the lot where the house is
getting built. One of which is a rather nice butterscotch-colored round-arch
Midget that "someday would make a nice track car."

Right now they are felling trees to make room for the house. All the cars
are way over on the side of the property where the barn in going to be, and
so should be well out of the way of the chainsaw wielding neanderthal who is
cutting down the trees.

You see where this is going, right?

Yup, crunched flat. Dead center. It is an ex-spridget.

He is "disappointed." I guess he's mellower than I am: since they guy was
over a hundred feet from where he should have been cutting, I'd be well past
disapponted.

Not much recourse, except that he won't be paying for tree removal, which is
basically a wash for the value of a non-running Spridget. It's a shame
though.

Phil Vanner
Minneapolis