RE: Up your performance!

To: "'dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com'" <dan.dwelley@ps.ge.com>, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Up your performance!
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:18:09 -0400
ok. i'll give it a shot of my best B.S.

it acts as a vortex breaker.  you know that swirling you get going down the
sink? well that actually slows down the flow rate of the fluid as it goes
out.  on large industrial tanks/vessels there is often a set of vanes that
breaks this swirling motion, allowing the fluid to pass thru at a greater
velocity. sometimes flow straightners are also used to prevent swirling
before a metered run of pipe, or even vaned sections are used to improve
flow through tightened or abrupt direction changes in hvac work.

BWAAAhahahah.. but on a narrow round end of a long length of pipe its just
that... B.S. (however, it has some risidual benifit in a pipe that has been
narrowed/expanded to a oval section )  hey they even have them at my local
parts store in the boom boom section with neon lights inside for that extra
effect..

OK...I'll play devils advocate. How is this thing actually suppose to work?