An Offer I Could Refuse

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: An Offer I Could Refuse
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:25:26 -0400
I got a phone call yesterday from my son's scoutmaster. He runs a small
airport closeby and told me that the owners wanted a junk MGB removed from the
property. Free for the taking if I wanted it. I'm not really into Bs but WTH,
I figured I'd go check it out...

It turned out to be a 70 or 71 Midget! Total POS!!! No engine or tranny. Every
body panel rusted or bondo laden. Interior trashed, windshield shot four
times, junk from other sources laying in it everywhere... The only pieces of
value were the front suspension and rear axle. Not enough there to even make
it worthwhile to drag home. I told him that he would be lucky to find someone
who would tow it away without charging him!

I thanked him for the call and told him to call about any English car he runs
across. My wife about freaked out when I told her I did not take a free
Midget... I am about the last person in the world to turn down a freebie
spridget but this particular one had NO redeeming social value.

Maybe tomorrow...
Kent
1960 Bugeye
1978 Midget