Rebuilt Master Cylinders

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rebuilt Master Cylinders
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:36:35 -0500
From "Kevin & Kathy Valentine" <valntine at ptd.net>
> You can get a rebuilt from your local Advance Auto for 40 or 50 bucks.  At
> that price it dosen't pay to rebuild it yourself.

I agree with the concept, but I just went through this routine with Advance
last month and found that they had run out of cores. None of their suppliers
were able to come through with the actual product. They ended up telling me
to take my core to my local auto parts store and send it in for the rebuild.
I didn't have a problem with that, so I am patiently waiting for it to come
back. Glad I could swipe one from the parts car in the meantime. Is there
anything I should do with the rebuilt when it returns to enhance the shelf
life?
David Lieb
Too many RWAs