Re:Re: vintage race tires

To: wsthompson@thicko.com
Subject: Re:Re: vintage race tires
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:50:25 GMT
Cc: vainent@nfdc.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
WST,

I'd forgotten about the Hoosier Street TD.  You're right, that's the tire I see
on almost every vintage race spridget outside of my own region.

Any opinion as to how they last (1/2 season, full season, 10 seasons)?  What do
they cost?

I like the way the Yokohamas grip, but they do tend to leave a lot of rubber on
the track for the next guy to use (or ball it up and throw it at 'em).  I used
to run the Spec-Sprite tires, a Firestone street radial.  They drifted quite a
bit more and I miss the fun of that.  They would last a full season and cost
half of what the Yokohamas cost.  I don't miss the fact that they would get
greasy as hell 3/4 the way through a 20 minute race, though.

I expect the Hoosiers would put some of the fun drift back in without the
"grease," yes?

David Littlefield