Cooling with blockage FILETIME=[4BF96470:01C24AFA]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Cooling with blockage FILETIME=[4BF96470:01C24AFA]
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:15:23 -0500
I am in the process of putting a thermostat in the 1275 in the 65
Sprite. It was overheating, so I changed radiators. It got better, but
still would climb to 190* when out on the road, not to bad, but I wanted
a little cooler. I have a 160* stat to put in it, once I pulled the
housing, I noticed it didn't have anything. It is correct that it will
cool better WITH a thermostat than without, right??
I shouldn't be to surprised, when I went to change the oil, there was no
filter in the canister either...................
Brad
FWIW, I got this motor in an exchange a while back, I am getting around
to working out the bugs, and am amazed at the crap I am
finding..........