Intro and Request

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Intro and Request
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:48:24 -0700
Hello Fellow Spridgeteers!

My name is Will and I'm currently residing in  Bellevue, Washington.  I'm
new to the list but certainly not new to our beloved little cars!  Here is a
brief but all too personal profile:

For many years I was blessed with 2 Triumph Spitfires, an MG Midget and my
bike, a Tri TR6C. Then came the mother of all unholy divorces. Among other
things, my naivity and a toxic-ex saw  to the demise of my small but adored
car collection (not to mention my house and my credit rating too). Somehow,
my bike managed to survive, as it was in pieces at the time and pretty much
worthless (it is now 99 percent complete, only needing some help with wiring
to get her back on the street- geez, if anyone knows a Triumph MC guy who
could help me out for a few beers and some food, I'd sure appreciate it!).

To make a long story short, having survived the worst three years in my
life, and being mostly "back on my feet" (to invoke the weakest of cliches),
I am feeling the need to get another lil brit car for which to love and
care. If anyone in the Seattle area knows of cars for sale that meet any of
the following criteria, I would be very happy if you would please contact me
asap.

I'm looking for an unrestored Midget or Sprite. It should be in driveable
condition - doesn't have to be an excellent runner, just something I can
take out on the weekends and slowly bring back to life again. The year
doesn't matter so much right now, but I would prefer pre-rubber bumper,
although this is not necessarily a must (my previous MG was a '78). My
absolutely most desired car would be a bugeye.  I don't mind a few dings or
dents, paint doesn't much matter, rust.. well, it depends on severity and
location. I prefer the car to be relatively original and complete (however,
if the price is right there's room for squirming, although I would NOT
consider a vehicle with any weird, Ford, Toyota, or other such modifications
(when I lift the bonnet I want to see a British heart!). If it's missing a
grill, no prob. A bumber, Ok. Someone cut holes for speakers, that's fine,
too - just no major modifications that will take major reworking to correct.

Thanks in advance!!!  I'm looking forward to participating!

Will
livinginthepast@mindspring.com