Leak "trick"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Leak "trick"
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
You may do this already but just in case -

Some of you know my 1275 in the Bugeye - it is
essentially leak-free, and I always attributed that to
careful maching and surface prep when I built the
motor.  My racecar basically seems to be just the
opposite, oozing from every pore.  It is also a fairly
well used motor with maybe a season left in it if I'm
lucky.  Tonight I went through the motor and changed a
few gaskets, and I still leaked quite a bit.  Then I
decided to do something radical - I followed the
Haynes book , and tightened all the bolts I could to
proper torque specs.  I figured it couldn't hurt to
equally compress all surfaces around a gasket or seal.
 It definitely seemed to help quite a bit. Try it -
YMMV, but it can't hurt.

=====
Ron Soave