No LBC--Pounds or Euro?

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: No LBC--Pounds or Euro?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 05:54:10 EDT
A question for you friendly listers across the pond.   My wife and I are
planning a trip to Scotland next June.  We visited England last year and are
putting together a similar trip for ourselves north of the border.

My question is are the Scots using the Euro or are they still using the
Scottish pound bank notes?  We like to convert a few hundred dollars to the
visited country's currency before we leave here and are not sure whether we
will have to convert to the new Euro or to the Scottish pound?  Reply off
list please.

Thank you.

--David C.
  USA