Re: Tire information

Subject: Re: Tire information
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:59:07 -0500
Cc: Bree Anna <breeanna1012000@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Totally agree! I knew I needed tires and spent 2 weeks educating myself on tires
for my 95 Mustang. Locally I found the SAME TIRES with a price variation of over
50%.
Once you figure in mounting, balancing, rotation, warrenty and service it can
get
even more ridiculous. One of the shopping sources was the local paper. One place
had tires for 69.00 each......then added mounting,disposal fees, balancing
etc,etc,.785.00 for out the door.
Another place had the same tires listed at 89.00...387.00 total cost. The big
difference was that first was a national chain and if I needed service in
....Florida I could get it.
Since 99.999% of my driving is within a phone call and 30 minutes of rescue I
can
live with this. Second place is actually a group of wholesalers that saw their
customers making a mint on tires and just cut out the last step and started
doing
it themselves. They still sell to the locals and the selection is not as
extensive as some places,but I like them.
Brakes, tires and steering are not items to be cheap on!!! But, intellegent less
costly alternatives abound!
Bruce (TX)