Re: Oil Pressure Gague: Update

To: Red Midget <redmidget72@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Gague: Update
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 19:19:16 -0700
Cc: "Paul A. Asgeirsson" <Pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, Miget sprit group at Yahoo <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
For what it is worth, my Bugeye 948 engine idles at 5 PSI and 42 PSI at speed
when warmed up.  This alarmed me also, but I have a friend that restores
these cars and borrowed a CALIBRATED oil pressure test gauge.  It might pay
to buy one of these if you are going to own an LBC.  When we hooked it up the
car idles at 20 PSI and read 60 PSI at speed.  My friend said that your
Midget gauge can be re-calibrated by someone that rebuilds them if it is
reading incorrectly, but if you know what the exact pressure is by testing
with the calibrated gauge, just drive it and stop worrying.

Mike MacLean-60 Sprite