Re: Excessive oil consumption

To: David Cull <davidcull@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Excessive oil consumption
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:04:01 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David Cull wrote:

> More help needed,
>
> My 65 Midget is still using or losing oil, after a drive there is a > fine
>mist like coating of clean oil on the rear bumper
> Any suggestions?

Check for a vented oil filler cap. If you have a PCV system drawing off
the intake, you need air to get into the engine. A totally sealed engine
will blow oil out any hole it can find.
I capped off a vent during the PA rally only to blow out 3 qts of oil in
about 20 miles. I learned of this when my oil pressure went to ZERO.
I removed the cap and all was good again. no more oil leaks, no more oil
on the ralliers behind me.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ