Re: replacement brake lines

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: replacement brake lines
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:38:40 -0400
You can go to NAPA and get the lines but you need the bubble flare tool to
get the proper flare on the end of the line. A lot of garages have them so
you can get your lines fitted and then take the lines to a garage to have
them flared. A whole lot cheaper then a premade kit. (We Cheap).

Dave
60 Bugeye

> I'm refeshing the rear brakes in preparation for putting the rear axle
back on the '79 Midget. The lines are rather corroded, so for safety I want
to replace them.
> Moss sells "cupro-nickel" line kits with "bubble" flare ends, at $75. VB
sells steel lines with "modern" flare ends, and sells just lengths of tube,
not a "kit."