Re: Is this a spridget hardtop? 2002 12:49:10 -0500

To: toyman@digitex.net (Brad Fornal)
Subject: Re: Is this a spridget hardtop? 2002 12:49:10 -0500
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 14:19:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: Tommy_Samuels@MARKIVAUTO.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net
You know-

I thought the same thing as you Brad, when I first looked at the initial
photo
as viewed from the back - looked "too
big" for the car.

Then I looked at the side photo and noticed what to me appeared to be an
excellent fit at the windshield frame
on one hand, and excellent fit with respect
to the windup windows on the other.

With the above in mind I went back to the
first photo and noticed the top "stopped"
just short of the trunk "opening" line -
which makes sense when you think about
it, for it makes for a shelf to store "flat"
objects or stuff (without "blocking" the
rear view to any great extent).

So I think it is for a Spridget but I still
don't like the "bulbous" look of this
particular aftermarket design. There are
better looking ones out there IMO.

But as I said, I could be wrong and if so,
it certainly wouldn't be a "first" or "last" for
me in this respect. :)

Cap'n. Bob
    '60 :{)