Re:Snapper, Squash, Liver - No LBC

To: Ankitterer@aol.com
Subject: Re:Snapper, Squash, Liver - No LBC
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 17:50:41 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, toyman@digitex.net
>   But then
> she's a witch--at least where cooking is concerned.  Nah, if you think about
> the artistry, business sense, etc. she's a witch, period.  Two nights before
> Spridgetstock, we had red snapper at a "family dinner" plus us.  I had never
> tried snapper--it isn't common here.  It was delicious.  Unfortunately later
> tries at snapper didn't do much for me, but I might even be willing to take a
> stab at liver if she cooked it.
>
> Annice & Bob

Red snapper is one of my favorite fish. The secret to both fish and liver is to
not overcook it. Liver is one of the easiest dishes to ruin. I could not stand
it
until it was served to me by someone who knew how to prepare it properly. Now I
enjoy it, although not once a week like my mother used to try to make me eat it.
The only drawback is the mess I make in my kitchen when I prepare it.
Brad, try some crookneck squash, thinly sliced, alternating with a good cooking
apple (Grannysmith, McIntosh, Gravenstein), in a thin layer in a microwave safe
dish. Dot with butter, dust lightly with cinnamon, cover and steam until just
tender. I think you might be surprised.
Kate