Re: Some LBC - Shipping question-Revisited

To: nateley@email.msn.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Some LBC - Shipping question-Revisited
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 22:11:12 EDT
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Well this is timely.  Most of you know I was looking for a head for my 1500
and that I purchased one on ebay.  The seller seems like a nice guy too.  The
head was shipped via FEDEX and I was given a tracking number, which I used
several times tracking the 38 POUND shipment from California to Tennessee.
     Well I got it today.  The FEDEX driver parked in the street in front of
the house and I waited hungrily for him to emerge lugging my package with my
head and various other parts.  Imagine my surprise when he bounded out of the
truck holding the package out with one hand like it only weighed a couple of
pounds.  Damned strong guy, I supposed.
     Nope.  The package actually DID weigh a couple of pounds.  It was the
correct label and tracking number, but the damned package contained ONLY 6
pair of young boys slacks.  WHAT the. . .???   I got in touch with the seller
to find out where my head was and he was as surprised as I was.  He handles
ONLY car parts and engine parts, NEVER young boys slacks, and had shipped a
head.
     I called the FEDEX office and the female dog I talked with informed me
that Federal Express NEVER switches the labels, and continued to talk down to
me, almost not believeing me.  She finally informed me that she had written
the report and that I would be contacted tomorrow.
     We will see what they come up with.   I normally use UPS and this
convinces me even further that FEDUP is a "fly by night" outfit, to pun
fairly accurately.   How in the hell could FEDUP pick up a 38 pound package
containing a car engine head and accompanying parts and deliver on the other
end a package weighing only a couple of pounds containing 6 or so pairs of
boys pants?  Maybe their minds are on the wrong head?

--David C.