9/11 Memoriam FILETIME=[1B8B10A0:01C2598B]

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Race, Group" <I-Race@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: 9/11 Memoriam FILETIME=[1B8B10A0:01C2598B]
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:23:40 -0500
I got this off the Autox Roadster list, I thought passing this along
would be appropriate. For those of you that tend to bitch about NO LBC
content, let it lay for one day..................................

Fellow listers

Today is a sad day for many. To those who lost Family, Loved Ones and
Friends, this is for them and all Americans. This is for all the Heroes
who
were their when we needed them.

   One year ago today a great lady was attacked
   By cowards who thought god was behind them
   Maim and destroy the harlot their leaders told them
   Her beauty is false and flashy to our god's eye
   Her bounty must be wiped out because it is not ours
   So they plotted, planned and were not honorable men
   Slithered their way into her home
   Previous protections had been removed years before
   By well meaning people responsible for her safety
   Privileges bought and sold by powers on high
   Left her vulnerable to assault

   By fire and flame her towers were brought down
   By commandeered missiles with her children as hostage
   We watched in horror seeing her brought low
   We watched in pride as sons and daughters came to her rescue
   Working past the pain, tears and exhaustion
   Focusing their anger to the task at hand
   Finding her children, either living or lost forever
   Clearing the debris from cowardly acts

   Marshalling her remaining warriors
   Decimated by ignorance from on high
   They never lost faith, hoping for a new day
   They remained steadfast, faithful and true
   Wanting and ready to follow a leader
   Worthy of their respect and support

   As cowards are want to do
  They bragged how they had won
  We punished the harlot, killed her children
  Brought her places of power down
  Not realizing her strength is from many sources
  From blood spilled in a quest for freedom
  From the sweat of men, women and children
  Freeman, indentured and slave
  Our history is not pretty, but it is ours
  We are a proud people admitting our faults

  Out of so much loss, life has renewed
  Children yet unborn are now a legacy
  Safe in their mother's arms
  Mothers and Fathers being both parents
  Telling the tale in words carefully chosen

  No matter the color of our skin
  WE ARE AMERICANS
  No matter the name we call God
  WE ARE AMERICANS