Re: rear bushings

To: Red Midget <redmidget72@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: rear bushings
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 23:06:09 -0400
Cc: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Red Midget wrote:

> What about using silicone spray on these rubber parts Frank?  I did use
>silicone to help revive the rubber plugs that fit in the firewall, clutch
>access hole, and gear case lube fill access.

Silicone will make rubber look good. It swells (starts dissolving) the
rubber. This is fine for firewall plugs, trunk/door seals, and stuff
like that. Suspension bushings will benefit from this too but only when
they are old and need help. Don't do it to new bushings. Or next year
you will be wondering why your new bushings are soft and squishy.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ