differential, equation.

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: differential, equation.
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:48:37 -0400
Cc: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well we think we might just have it fixed..
  We took apart, cleaned and reshuffled the clutch discs in the LSD Tran-x.
Rechecked the suspension points (which seemed fine)
lathed out some new nylatron bushings for the rear spring eyes (replaced the
rubber/metal)
put in the Straight redline 75w90 (per chris)
put in and set up a 3.9 (per WST/flounder) for the Looooong straights at RA.
cut a new finish on the drums and readjusted the shoe pressure.
reset the trailing arms.

took it out for a ride, and 95% of the torque steer i was getting is gone.
and 95% of the "clunking/heavy chatter is gone.
however in the process of setting up the 3.9, i had to remove the front
drive flange to replace the front seal. since the manual calls for a fresh
crush bushing and i had none, i did not remove the pinion/shaft from the
housing, but refit the flange with a bolt torque of 60#, instead of
recrushing it at 135# . hope it works.
otherwise we will try and get Tinkerbell somewhat presentable for the A-H
events at ELVF/RA. she's been neglected with all the other chaos going on
and a bit dirty.
WST could you please send me the name of the banner people so we can get our
Southwind Racing/Healey/Ginetta banner made sometime, Thanks Bunches.

hope to see everyone there.
R(wnik)Kansa/RCCSA /tinkerbell, 60 sprite