welding suspension mount?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: welding suspension mount?
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 20:27:14 -0400
I was out today getting the front and rear suspension back on the project so I
can tow it to the body shop for paint. The rear went on fairly well. When
starting to look at the front, I found that, on the LH side of the car, the
rear inner mount flange for attaching the A-arm had a crack across it. The
crack goes from the upper washer slot to the central hole, then out to the
front of the mount, in a diagonal fashion.
I was planning on just welding it up, and grinding the weld smooth. Are there
any gotchas I shoud be aware of before I do this?

TIA

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kvcbk/