Torque value needed

To: "Spridgets-Autox.team" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Torque value needed
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:33:32 -0400
My Bentley manual seems to have even mundane things like oil pan and
distributor clamp values, but none for the camshaft sprocket that I can find.
Anybody?

BTW, I have had nothing but problems putting this engine together. The most
recent episode is that the 2 degree offset key I got from MiniMania wasn't
properly machined (actually, it looked like it was a regular key that they
"squished" over as opposed to machined - like the 4 degree one which did look
machined, but had the same problem). The depth of the keyway in the cam is
.150", but the part of the key that is offset is .180" from the bottom. This
means that the sprocket can't go on. The part that "overhangs" is no problem,
but the other side sticks up .030" above the surface of the cam. I had to file
it to get it to work.

<dnw>

'72 Midget
'98 Safari