No start X2 - Update

To: Spridgets List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: No start X2 - Update
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 13:25:58 -0400
Well, I got one of the problem cars started - the '74.  After a complete
tune-up (plugs, wires, point, rotor, condenser), AND a new SU fuel pump to
replace the NEW Facet pump that wouldn't pump, AND new grose jets to keep
the fuel where it belongs, she runs.  I still can't drive it because I
haven't done the front end work yet (the fall/winter project), but at least
I've made progress.

The other car still won't do anything and I'm stumped.  I'm sure there's a
short or something somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it yet.  I
think I might have to call in reinforcements (the tech advisor from the MG
club - hope he's not busy tomorrow).

-Nory
NORYS LAWS:
1.  Just because you have found the problem, doesn't mean you've found the
ONLY problem.
2.  Just because it's new doesn't mean it works right. --- THIS law was just
reinforced this week!!!