What I Wouldn't Do to Win a New MINI

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: What I Wouldn't Do to Win a New MINI
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:21:08 EDT
>From today's Boston Globe:

THINK `HANDS ON A HARD BODY' Instead of the person who can keep one hand on
the truck will win it, this time it's whoever can hold out the longest in a
tight space. After living in a Mini Cooper as part of a promotion for radio
station Kiss 108 with three other contestants, Sarah Haines of Providence
called it quits early Friday morning. Morning guy Matt Siegel 's ''Live in It
to Win It'' promotion now leaves Joe D'Amore of Everett and Miles English of
Greenland, N.H., to compete for the car. ''I had enough and it was time to
move back home,'' said Haines, ''I really just want to shower and watch TV.''
Siegel kicked off the promotion on Oct. 4. Four strangers - D'Amore, English,
Haines, and Christine Patch of Peabody - were placed inside a 2002 Mini
Cooper parked at the Faneuil Hall Marketplace for the weirdest adventure of
their lives. Having no privacy, no comforts of home - just regular bathroom
breaks - the only goal to be the last one standing, er, seated. As of last
night, two guys were still waiting it out for the car.

Rick