Re: torque setting on banjo bolt

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: torque setting on banjo bolt
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:08:13 -0700 (PDT)
RE:
> There is a chart on my site for bolt torques tho.
/////////////
checked the site. justbrits, right? couldn't find the
chart.hmmm. probably looking in the wrong place will
check again.

> Are you SURE you got all the rubber out of block
> side of adaptor???  SOP<F>!
Ed
///////
I scraped down to bare metal on the block, both
places, before putting the adaptor "kit" on. You
shoulda seen the mess when I first installed it.
Apparently the folks at Mo$$ forgot to form the
adaptor with enough bevel on the down side to clear
the flair at the bottom of the block. So my choice was
to either dremel it off or use a thicker gasket. Used
a thicker gasket and stopped the leak, there. The one
at the banjo bolt is next. I did not realize that when
the description says "kit" it can sometimes mean, you
get the parts and make  'em fit. :-) Ahhhh, the wonder
of spridgeting. Still is more fun than most.

cheers, bill b.