SOS Fall 02

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: SOS Fall 02
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:12:54 -0500
Cc: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Hey Y'all,

As you might remember, we "broadcast" last year's "SOS" Thanksgiving episode
via Yahoo WebCam. Some folks that were unable to attend sent food... and we
had quite a variety. Many folks tuned in from around the world to watch us
reassemble my street Sprite.

Peter the Parts Pimp, Grasshopper, and I were kicking around ideas for this
year's possible Save Our Spridgets (Sprites) episode. Peter's in the middle
of a total deconstruction/reconstruction of their 100 year old farmhouse...
so, that might take priority. For that matter, we could assemble a fair
amount of help with that project if the car projects need to take a back
seat. (As British car owners, we're all well versed with the use of
hammers...)

If PPP's available to lets us invade his shop at Worldwide again on the days
following Thanksgiving, there are a number of projects we could tackle.
"Gift Sprite" is rapidly returning to iron oxide, and we thought it might be
a good idea to get the good bits off before they fall off. I found a nice
rust free Texas Sprite tub for PPP, and that will be the eventual home for
the remainder of the Gift Sprite's bits. PPP may have someone lined up to do
the bodywork on the new shell.

Grasshopper's freshly punted Bugeye is in need of some .... let's see if I
can say this nicely..."cosmetic help". We could attack it with DA's, air
chisels, and weld in some patch panels, and begin to tart it up a little.

"Tutone's" 1275 needs building... and easy afternoon job for one or two of
us.

Grenade's got a race motor that needs building... perhaps his famous "Homo
Club Posse" would be willing to join us.

Anyone else have a project that might benefit from semi-skilled labor "en
masse"?

If we're able to do this again this year (Peter???) (whether it be house
building or Sprite building...), I thought we ought to start planning early.

Flounder