Vacumn Advance Line Mk1 Midget

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vacumn Advance Line Mk1 Midget
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:53:04 -0000
Hi all,

Sorry, this is a very boring obscure question for the Concours people out
there. I have a GAN1 948cc Midget currently fitted with a 25D Distributor
and HS2 Carbs. I'm wondering what the correct installation is for the Vacumn
Advance line. I believe the Distributor should in fact be a DM2. Correct?

Now for the Carbs, specifically the take off for the ported vacumn advance.
Is this a nipple (as on my HS2's) for a rubber tube connection, or a
threaded connection with a nut on the copper advance line itself? I believe
the DM2 has a threaded connection at the vacumn advance can yes? So is it
the same at the carb end? Was there a particular model of HS2 that had this
connection? Right now with the 25D the connections are made by rubber tubing
as per the later cars.

I have an original advance line taken off an Austin Sedan, it has threaded
connections on both ends and a sort of resevoir in the middle, if I remember
from my MGA this is secured at the back of the block, the line runs behind
the cylinder head close to the firewall and fixes to the rear carb - not the
front as in my setup. Can someone please clarify?

Is it possible to source AC Delco Y Type mechanical fuel pumps from
somewhere?

I wish I could buy a copy of Original Sprite and Midget, it's out of print
and impossible to source. Anyone wish to sell a copy?

Cheers,
Neil