donna mae's pink cars...and more

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: donna mae's pink cars...and more
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:28:38 -0500
my father holds a class record at marlboro in his saab model 93B sedan.
marlboro, vineland, cumberland gap, reading road races, watkins glen (before
the bog area became "the place of ill repute"), wheredidya think i grew up?
:)  at sports car races!
in retrospect i know i had a very colorfull and charmed childhood.
the sights and sounds of ferraris and other exotica (by today's standards)
running full bore between turns was just another sound to me back then.
sort of how people treat car alarms going off in a parking lot these days.
honestly that was a long time ago.   now it's referred to as "the hey days
of sports car racing".
lol!   it's always funny how things are always remembered for how romantic
or dashing they were.   that period was down right frightening!  the deaths
i saw, the near fatal accidents i saw as a child will never be forgotten.
nor will the friends who passed away in their cars doing what they loved so
much.   these thoughts come to me at the oddest times and some times when i
am racing .   the pictures of the past have not faded for me as much as they
might have for others.
BTW!  i just finished author burt levy's new book "the fabulous trashwagon".
if you are following buddy palumbo's growing up in the era of early sports
car racing it is a "must read" .   it will be out in book shops october
31st!

chuck.
that darn orange 1960 saab 93F #25
the odd little 59 bugeye that just refuses to go away!  (28 years of love
and counting!)