Re: [midgetsprite] it's driving so on to the bodywork...

To: Paul Archibald <androbus@yahoo.com>, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] it's driving so on to the bodywork...
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:26:15 -0800
Paul,

If you only need to treat the surface for minor fill or cosmetic reasons DO
NOT USE BONDO. Use Evercoat Metal Glaze available at a pro paint supplier.
It sets faster, sands smoother and won't leave you with pinhole air
pockets. It also squeezes from a the quart container, so no ladeling from
the can. Use lacquer thinner to immediately clean your spreader and other
tools and you won't be buying new ones every couple days or wasting time
trying to remove the hardened stuff.

When sanding, use 80 or 120 grit for your first cut. You won't need to
press hard and it will cut a staright surface id you use a long board to
sand (get one of those from the paint supply too!) If you use the right
primer surfacer, you can paint over the 120 or go to 180 if you wish. Block
your well primed surface (4 to 5 coats) with 120/320/600 before the color
coat.

Ask me how I know...'-)

PS, I have between 2 and 3 Qts left of the gallon of PPG CLV in Viper Red
I'll sell you wholesale if you're interested.

Gerard