Re:Tilt front end, 69 sprite

To: w_burrell@yahoo.com
Subject: Re:Tilt front end, 69 sprite
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:46:01 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
Bill,

I've seen a couple of Spridget racers configured this way.  It doesn't look too
difficult.  The main challenge is to create the hinge on the front.  I've seen
one application where the bonnet is bolted to the wings (trans: hood to the
fenders) and another where the fellow left himself the option of removing the
hood separately.  You'll need some light cable to hold the contraption up when
it is tilted.

Now, if you have to leave the front bumpers on, I don't see how this will work
without attaching the bumpers to the bodywork, which is probably not a good
idea.

David Littlefield

---------- "bill b." <w_burrell@yahoo.com> writes:

why don't I just
tilt the whole front end forward like some bugeyes I
have seen. Anybody on the list tried that or know
someone that has? Since I always seem to have my head
under the engine compartment cover it would be nice to
have even more work room.