OBD11

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, bugeye@yahoogroups.com
Subject: OBD11
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 01:21:54 EST
I just bought an Actron unit ---$150--to check out "check engine" light on
the Volvo. I was able to use the information I found to chat with the dealer
over the phone. His verdict was "it's OK, forget it"  Later it turned out
that it was a false signal,--something that can happen , I guess. I would
hope that a dealer would first check to verify the problem instead of just
replacing the part. Recently I decided to wash the engine compartment, don't
ask me why I did this , but it just natually followed the washing of the
battery with baking soda. Anyway, the engine either would not start, or later
ran like do-do. The Actron told me which cyl were not firing. Let it dry out
and all was well. BTW, some auto parts stores will check this out for you for
free. Autozone  for one.  YMMV   Bob C