Eastern OSHIT group

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Eastern OSHIT group
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 21:01:38 -0500
Since some of the fellow listers seem to have their email servers on the
black list I'm sending this to the Spridget list so we can get everyone's
opinion on the time to make the big pour at Allen's garage.
- - - - - - - - - - -
At the end of January the S.O. and I will be in Florida hitting the little
white ball around until the second week of February.
Do we really want to do this when it is that cold out? Why not make plans
for the middle of March when the weather starts warming up and the beer
won't freeze in the bottle while you are using both hands to move and float
concrete. I don't know about the rest of you folks but I hate working in
cold weather, why do you think I'm going to Florida. Besides it would give
the OSHIT team time to adjust their schedules so that everyone could say
"and I helped".
It would make more sense to do the job as a single pour that way you don't
have to worry about your joints being even and putting in the sheathing for
the joints. All you need is a partner saw with a masonry blade to cut
expansion joints once the concrete is setup enough to walk on. To do the job
in multiple pours means trying to get people together multiple times and the
extra cost of having small loads brought out on weekends.
My vote is one pour in the middle of March.

Dave
60 Bugeye
69 B
74 B