RE: Veteran's Day - Some LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Veteran's Day - Some LBC
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 22:31:24 -0800
Great stories Roger & Brian

Brian, how about VINT HP or SCCA HP for a vanity plate?

My dad, mother, & grandmother are buried at Willamette National in
Portland, Oregon. Dad was on convoy duty in the Atlantic at the start of
WWII. About a year into the war, he was given a new command and spent
the rest of the war in the Pacific, involved in every major battle and
two typhoons. He was present on the Missouri at the time the treaty was
signed. When his last command was scheduled to be scrapped in Portland,
the Navy invited my mother & I to meet the ship in Astoria & ride up the
Columbia with her. We then ate the last dinner served in the wardroom.
As it turned out, she was spared her fate by the US involvement in
Vietnam, and continued to serve with distinction for a few more years.

Kate
Former USNR Spook