Split Webers

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Split Webers
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:29:27 -0500
David Jacobs wrote:  "there's a possibility you could blank
off half of it as they used to do with 'split twin' Webers on race
Minis/Midgets,
so the port velocity through the remaining open half would be in the right
range for fuel atomisation etc."

Which brings up my question, What is/was the advantage of mounting two DCOE
Webers with one throat blanked off each over just installing one Weber with
each throat working each intake?  I've seen many old pictures where they did
that on 1000 - 1275cc engines.  Wouldn't the throat velocity be the same
with one vice two? Other than the look of a 'pair' of side draft Webers what

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie' under restoration
http://sprites2.homestead.com/