RE: 1975 Midget water pump wanted

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id gAIJrOpE031836
Subject: RE: 1975 Midget water pump wanted
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:48:56 -0600
Hmmm...  Alternate possiblity....

David has a friend without a lot of money,
but has always wanted an LBC.  He picks
this one up for $200, with dreams that he
can get it running, (and enjoy it) with
more sweat than $.  (Been there, I understand)

Furthermore, said friend "may" not have
email or internet.  (Lots of people still
don't!)  Has friend, David, who may have
some much needed knowledge about these cars
and could possibly help.

David tries to help his friend realize
dream of LBC ownership by querying the
list for an alternate to an $82 pump.

"if 82 $ is too much for him.. Gezz forbid he have to buy a set of
tires. obviusly he has no intrest in this car."
Could it be that it had good tires already?
I understand having trouble shelling out
$82 for a waterpump if you had to scrape
together the $200 just to get the car.
Has the Spridget list become like the
BMW list?  The "if you can't afford to drive
it, you shouldn't buy it" mentality?

I hope not.

Of course, he could also be just looking
to make a quick buck by dumping a crap
car on some kid.

David, I don't have a 1500 waterpump, but
if I did, I'd be glad to help.

That's what this list is for.

Off the soapbox, on with the flame suit.....

-Rob