Re: Garages

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Garages
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:32:41 +0000
Cc: dewood@sentex.net
    Hi All!

    I've had my Mustang in one of these for the better part of 20 years.  I've
had to replace the tarp covering once and will have to again shortly.  I hope
get a real garage for the car this year or next.

    My biggest problem was with humidity in the winter.  Greenhouse affects
trap
the heat and moisture builds up.  I've solved that by leaving both ends open so
it will air out as everything else dries up.  I have the ground sheets which
keep weeds from growing in flower beds under the car also; anything to keep
moisture from becoming too high.

    The can also blow over in a high wind.  The west end was closed while the
east end was open; a good North East gust lifted it straight up and over.  I
did
more damage righting the structure than was done when it blew over the first
time.

    http://www.sentex.net/~dewood/mustang/0002.JPG
    http://www.sentex.net/~dewood/mustang/0005.JPG

    They are good for some short term storage; they can even be dragged around.

Stake them down, though.  Bugsy, the Wonder Sprite is in a more substantial
garden shed with a floor.

    ttfn!

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:22:56 -0500
From type79 at ix.netcom.com
Subject: Garages

Does anyone have any comments or experience with the temporary, tent-like
garage
shelters?
jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:47:58 -0600
From "Peter C." <nosimport at mailbag.com>

I'd like to know as well.
         Peter c

Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:56:13 -0800 (PST)
From "bill b." <w_burrell at yahoo.com>

> >Does anyone have any comments or experience with
> the temporary, tent-like

In Amarillo they blow away. :-) But so do the real
wooden ones, sometimes, too.

cheers, bill b.