Spring slave bolt & chubby cops

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Spring slave bolt & chubby cops
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:33:56 EST
I used the jack method on my car with no engine, in fact when the last thing
on the shell was the front suspension.  It's true that it starts to lift the
car but it compressed the spring enough first to make the job work and worked
fine for me.  plus, after having tried the various methods Jim Tyler
recommends the jack in his Midget/Sprite book and that's all I need, I would
be done in without that book.

Mark M.

PS just for kicks thought I'd let you know what happened to the daily driver,
a sparkling new Volvo S60.  A poor old guy had a seizure, flopped onto his
accelerator, and torpedoed his buick into my parked car at 10,000 rpm a
couple days ago.  When I came out the volvo was up on the sidewalk after
having traveled sideways over the curb.  Mangled horribly but the passenger
compartment was okay, Volvo's advertised focus on safety is no joke.  How's
the guy in the Buick?  he would probably have been okay except his car was
locked and, after breaking a window the cops couldn't get in because there
wasn't one of them who responded who came in under 300 lbs.  I offered to
climb in but they were even more territorial than chubby so it was all "no
no, official police business" and all that, they just let the guy get bluer
till the ambulance came.  Don't those guys have some kind of PT test they
should be taking?  What does it consist of, clapping?

Happy Thanksgiving to all, cops included.