Re: Speaking of Nuts, de-smogging

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Nuts, de-smogging
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:21:28 -0600
I just plugged mine and they were 7/16 X 20, but I had the advantage of
removing the original air rail, no DPO involved.

If you don't have a tap and die set you might  try what I used to do years
ago before I finally broke down and bought one. Take a bolt (the right size)
and grind a bevel on the end and then cut a couple of slots length-wise
along the threads with a die- grinder or hacksaw. It works pretty well at
cleaning out threads but of course won't cut new ones. I have also done this
on studs using nuts with slots cut in them.

Jim K.