SOS post-turkey post-mortem post

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: SOS post-turkey post-mortem post
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 17:59:04 -0600
A big thank you to those that attended this year's SOS post turkey event.
This year it was Scrap Our Sprite. Specifically a recently acquired
wanna-be welder's practice project. As Flounder said quite often; a LOT of
work went into a really bad job. It'd been easier to do it right. Suffice
to say it was destined to become another ebay "find".
        Fenderless, it is resting comfortably next to our dumpster. The event
was
remarkably similar to the day-after Thanksgiving carcass picking happening
to hapless turkeys throughout the US, I suspect.
        GFT SPRT was not disassembled, though we did do a compression test and
found it excellent. The front structure is rotted beyond reasonable repair,
however, so much of it will continue life on a 65 Sprite with a very sound
body.
        Thanks to WST for his inspiration and computer hook-up.
        Thanks to David and Trish Lieb, hard workers from Chicagoland. Scott
and
his son Chris, not of these lists...yet, helped greatly. Jim Hill stopped
in, a few others observed, and ran away. And TuTone entertained us on the
torque wrench.
        All in all, a good time. I hope to repeat it for next year.
        Thanks
                Peter C