RE: Australian Holidays? (NO LBC)

To: conan@intrex.net
Subject: RE: Australian Holidays? (NO LBC)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:25:32 +1100
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Whoops, I misunderstood -- I though you wanted popular places for
holidays!

Our public holidays include

New Years Day
Australia Day (Jan 27)
Labour Day (aka Moomba Festival Day here in Melbourne)
Easter Thurs, Fri, Mon
Anzac Day (Apr 25 -- our equiv to your veteran's day)
Queen's Birthday (closest Mon to Jun 6 - even tho that is *not*
        the Queen's real birthday)
Show Day (aka the big fair public holiday)
Melbourne Cup (the nation's biggest horse race
        - only a public holiday in Melb)
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

That is all I can recall off the top of my head...

Mike