Prayer, NO LBC!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, Tedgar5555@cs.com, lwilliams@acaciapark.com, DDorman@Skychefs.com, dbristow5@attbi.com, Zorawms@aol.com
Subject: Prayer, NO LBC!
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:13:12 EST
I get things like this on a regular basis and hardly ever forward them, but
this one touched me.

A Different Kind of Prayer

Heavenly Father, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in
traffic last night is a single mother who worked
nine hours that day and was rushing home to cook dinner, help with
homework, do the laundry and spend a few
precious moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young
man who can't make change correctly is a
worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension
over final exams with his fear of not getting his
student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in
the same spot every day (who really ought to
get a job!) is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in
our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow
through the store aisles and blocking our
shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on
the biopsy report she got back last week,
this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give
us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to
share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not just
to those who are close to us but to all humanity.
Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive.

Bless us with patience,
 empathy and love.

AMEN!

Robert B. Houston

Santa Teresa, NM
'74 Midget
'63 TR4
'03 Beetle

...   Deck us all with Boston Charlie, Walla Walla, Wash, and Kalamazoo.
Nora's freezin on the trolley, swaller doller califlower, allagaroo!

Pogo Possum