Re: spect?

To: "Fred W. Johnson" <fjohnson@oswego.net>, "midget" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: spect?
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 17:09:37 -0600
At 04:31 PM 12/4/2002, Fred W. Johnson wrote:
>I am in the process of tearing down the gearbox on my wife's 79 Midget.  I
>have found the reverse idler gear to be chewed up pretty bad.  The number on
>the box is 22G1553.  The G might be a 6.  My problem is that I cannot seem
>to match this number up with anything.  The gear itself has 17 teeth.  I
>would appreciate your comments on this project.
>Butch
====
You shouldn't need anymore info than the tooth count. Moss IDs the gear
sets that way. The number you wrote is likely the casting number on the
case. You want to find a stamped number someplace, but the important thing
is knowing the reverse idler has 17 teeth.
         Peter C

Oh, you mean the Sprite?....'cause. ya know that's got a 1275, too.